Help Desk Manager manages a team of support personnel who troubleshoot and resolve IT issues. Ensure the help desk staff uses the required tools and software to identify, document, track and resolve reported problems. Being a Help Desk Manager plan, prioritize and schedule help desk activities to ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time. Develop and train help desk staff. Additionally, Help Desk Manager analyze help desk activities and develop tools and process improvements to optimize service and staff performance. May maintain help desk software and make recommendations for new systems. Typically reports to Unit or department head. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. The Help Desk Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Help Desk Manager typically requires more than 5 years experience of related support services experience. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Help Desk Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Help Desk Manager to join our team.
- Act as the National Service Center (NSC) point of contact with designated business entities and national/local IT personnel;
- Effective management of the client relationship and resolution of client issues;
- Provide over-site of operational, strategic planning and organizing the allocation of resources to meet our service level agreements for the NSC;
- Understands application and technical functionality and capabilities to effectively provide solutions for business requirements;
- Review performance against targets and identify improvement actions;
- Monitors staff performance on a daily and periodic basis and coach staff on call handling and prioritization;
- Provide guidance to resolve complex, project related, organizational and strategic issues;
- Continuously improve the user experience while balancing security and support ability;
- Develop, benchmark, and mature the IT Help desk metrics for transactions and call volumes;
- Identify and make recommendations of opportunities for process improvements.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority;
- ITIL Foundational Certification would be a plus;
- Provide leadership and manage Help Desk team;
- Demonstrated experience in managing an IT Help Desk, preferably in a large scale, highly technical environment;
- Minimum five years of experience in Service Desk Leadership/Quality;
- Experience managing systems and deploying configurations and baselines using Microsoft Systems Center (SCCM);
- Knowledge of ITIL practices around incident, request, and problem management process;
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills in a team environment;
- US Citizen is required;
- Able to work overtime, on weekends, and peak times to support a 24×7 environment, with the ability to be on-call during weekends and afterhours;
- Performs work in a customer service oriented manner and maintains a professional approach regarding all matters;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant business field is required;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience;
- Strong technology and automation background in order to enhance work flows;
- Ability to travel to our remote offices for business needs.