Network engineers design, implement and maintain the way data is transferred across digital and telecommunications networks.
Network Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team.
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center;
- Develop & execute marketing and business plans to drive revenue and profits;
- Act as an escalation point, providing 4th level incident support for customers;
- Analyze wireless server data;
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications;
- Troubleshoot highly complex firewall and network environments;
- Planning for and ensuring a reliable high-performance environment across all components in the US EPA RTP network;
- Assist in documenting and troubleshooting complex web and network workloads and topology;
- Designing and implementing strategic and technical approach of projects;
- Assist with the deployment of our enterprise and production network services;
- Track carrier and hardware orders; maintain vendor relationships;
- Review, refine, and maintain solution requirements for assigned projects;
- Support business projects and application roll-out;
- Develops security procedures. Manages network performance;
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field;
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment;
- Experience with PKI client and server Certificates;
- Comfortable with Confluence / JIRA for documentation and ticket tracking;
- Cisco Certification (CCNA minimum, CCNP ideal);
- Experience configuring Cisco Nexus devices;
- Minimum of 15 years’ expertise in customizing Netview command lists (CLISTs) and SAS programs for mainframe network analysis and debugging purposes;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Create Deployment Packages Submit BOMs for routers, fiber, etc…
- Knowledge of compliance regulations ( PCI , SOX , etc.);
- Experience with network monitoring tools, e.g. NCM, Splunk, SmokePing;
- Knowledge/experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmarks;
- NOAA Experience;
- Own network documentation, updating and maintaining network drawings and plans for the local site;
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.