The Network/Systems Administrator I monitors network performance and performs testing to provide diagnosis of issues and to assist with deployment of solutions. Assists with the daily administration of a network/server environment. Being a Network/Systems Administrator I may be responsible for tracking the parts inventory and maintenance of documentation. Performs routine updates and maintenance tasks. In addition, Network/Systems Administrator I emphasis is on learning the key aspects of the job to be performed and supporting more senior administrators. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to supervisor or manager. May require Network Administrator certification. Being a Network/Systems Administrator I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Network/Systems Administrator I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Network Systems Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Provides IT infrastruture technical solution and training to end users;
- Maintain IT environment to provide high availability, performance, and security;
- Coordinate, supervise and develop internal IT staff members and build long term relationships with vendors on IT related products and services;
- Work with business leaders and lead strategic planning for IT Services to achieve business goals;
- Assists in customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet user requirements;
- Determine hardware or software requirements;
- Research, help plan and implement future IT projects;
- Recommend changes to improve systems, network configurations;
- Occasionally perform after hours network and systems support;
- Operational knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop administration and configuration preferred;
- Provides telephone, in person and online support to end users;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Provide help-desk support to users on network on and off office premises;
- Support project SharePoint website to include both internal and external-facing access, project SP design, and technical operation;
- Develop and maintain project website domain.
- VMware installation, administration, and troubleshooting;
- Multiple server operating systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Troubleshoots issues with new and existing networks which require senior level involvement;
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work;
- Designs and supports somewhat complex networks using current technologies;
- Data backups and recovery solutions- Datto preferred;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other TBI employees, airline employees and Customs and Border Protection officers;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an enterprise-scale data centers working in a multi-vendor hardware/software environment;
- Knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint and Deltek preferred;
- Occasional work after-hours, some holidays and on weekends to support 24/7 Airport Operations. Weekend and On-call duties are rotated among staff;
- Is able to self-direct and set tasks that align with the overall departments’ goals and strategies;
- Ability to pass federal Background Check;
- Operational knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop administration and configuration preferred.