Programmer analysts design and update their system’s software and create applications tailored to their organization’s needs. They do more coding and debugging than other types of analysts, although they still work extensively with management and business analysts to determine the business needs that the applications are meant to address. Other occupations that do programming are computer programmers and software developers.
Programmer Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Programmer Analyst to join our team.
- Assists in the development of requirement documents and business proposals;
- Develop project plans and control activities based on satisfying client and service requirements;
- Demonstrated proficiency as a Programmer Analyst, solving programming and integration issues involving multiple platforms and departments;
- Monitoring and maintaining system night jobs;
- Modifies existing programs to perform different specifications or to fix errors that may occur;
- Composing complex query/400 for reporting or downloading to Excel or flat file;
- Design, develop, code, test and maintain web and desktop applications;
- Working on IBM Power 720, IBS Integrator, MS RMS, Remstar Shuttle, and NetStore;
- Writing functional and technical design for each project for approval and documentation purposes;
- Assists Manager, Systems & Programming in other areas of support and information as needed;
- Ability to work independently with some guidance;
- Participate in story writing, pairing, building and testing to deliver robust code;
- Compiles test and debugs programs to assure accuracy and completeness;
- Code well commented Java based applications according to coding standards;
- Writing and modifying programs and new ad-hoc reports.
- Initiative and ability to adjust to changes in policy/procedures;
- Effective problem solving/critical thinking skills;
- Develop, follow, document application code to meet business requirements;
- Working experience with financial systems a must;
- Experience or knowledge of web services, MVC, and PeopleSoft helpful, but not required;
- Knowledge of Design artifacts (System use cases, Component Diagrams, Deployment Diagrams);
- Experience in programming EDI and/or ETL transactions;
- 5+ years of experience with software design and development, preferably C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, Visual Studio, and Entity Framework;
- Strong analytical and problem solving;
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- ability to learn new technologies and maintain technical currency;
- Experience with transactional and real-time based systems;
- Knowledge/experience with records management, and experience working with records management software is a plus;
- Open source projects and community building;
- Detail oriented.