The Help Desk Senior Technician identifies, researches and resolves the most complex technical problems. Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Being a Help Desk Senior Technician documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. Responds to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support. In addition, Help Desk Senior Technician coordinates with other teams or specialists to resolve an issue. May be responsible for the resolution of escalated issues of higher difficulty. May train, coach or assist less experienced team members. May require an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Help Desk Senior Technician has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Working as a Help Desk Senior Technician typically requires 3-5 years of related experience.
Senior Help Desk Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Help Desk Technician to join our team.
- Help train and support our new hires via peer advising, as needed;
- Provide Level 1 phone/chat support; meet and/or exceed service level agreements for assigned support tickets;
- Record requests, incidents and status information through the use of firm’s ticket handling system;
- Provide detailed documentation of all customer transactions via our ticket handling system;
- Support the implementation and deployment of internal business systems and solutions.
- Shift work required;
- Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving and organizational skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work;
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced, high energy environment;
- Minimum one year of experience in Service desk support and Customer Service Support;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite including 2013 and Windows 10.