The Dozer Operator prepares land for constructing roads and buildings. Operates a specially equipped tractor to gouge out, level, and distribute earth. Being a Dozer Operator may have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. In addition, Dozer Operator is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
Dozer Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dozer Operator to join our team.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on machines, using grease gun, oilcans, and hand tools;
- Connects hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft to tractor to provide power to raise, lower, or tilt attachment;
- Grade house pads to the 10th;
- Moves hand and foot levers to control hydraulic shovel;
- Drives equipment in successive passes over working area to achieve specified result, such as grade terrain or remove, dump, or spread earth and rock;
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver equipment and raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way;
- Uses shovel to dig trenches and holes of specified length, depth and width, remove loosened material and put in piles or transport trucks;
- Fastens attachments to tractor with clevis or wedge pin hitches;
- underground utilities Starts engine, moves throttle, switches, and levers, and depresses pedals to operate machines, equipment, and attachments;
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut;
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment, such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning;
- Drives bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals;
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S;
- Willing to learn new skills;
- Must be able to work in the heat and other weather environment;
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels of your organization;
- Applicant may be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report;
- Must have 3 years’ experience as a dozer or scraper operator, minimum, no exception;
- Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment;
- Experience a must as a Dozer Operator to grade housepads to the 10th.