Electrical Helper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Helper to join our team.
- Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order;
- Cleaning work area and washing parts;
- Constructing controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws and punches;
- Examining electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools;
- Helping install power supply wiring and conduit such as: EMT, O-CAL, Rigid conduit, MC cable, strut, cable trays;
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools;
- Tracing out short circuits in wiring, using test meter;
- Assisting with troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuit;
- Testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment;
- Directing or training workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment;
- Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels;
- Installing power supply wiring and conduit such as: EMT, O-CAL, Rigid conduit, MC cable, strut, cable trays.
- Drug free at all times;
- Eagerness to learn to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications required by our client;
- Working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- Ability to work well under the supervision of a Journeyman Electrician following electrical code manuals;
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.