The Electrician Helper ensures all work performed meets required safety codes and is properly inspected. Inspects, repairs, installs, and maintains electrical systems, machinery, and equipment. Being an Electrician Helper typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Uses a variety of tools and equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment. In addition, Electrician Helper typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Typically requires an Electrician’s license from the state. Being an Electrician Helper gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as an Electrician Helper typically requires 1-3 years of related experience or may have 0 years of experience plus an associates degree, or additional training, or certification.
Electrician Helper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrician Helper to join our team.
- Assist with equipment deployment/setup, calibration, and system debug;
- Experience in low voltage wiring and home theater/surround sound;
- Capable of working effectively on a team or independently;
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes;
- Proficiency with computers and computer hardware;
- Setting up and configuring Networks;
- Proficiency with power and hand tools;
- Run and bend conduit;
- Install and repair electrical equipment and light fixtures;
- Tool maintenance and upkeep;
- Pulling wire;
- Assisting with troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuit;
- Tracing out short circuits in wiring, using test meter;
- Keeping a clean work area, disposing of any garbage or disgarded materials and sweeping work area when work is completed;
- Pulling apart pallets and bringing supplies to Electricians.
- Previous experience in electrical field;
- Familiarity with electrical systems, and blue prints;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools;
- Drug free at all times;
- Ability to lift and unload heavy items;
- Ability to work well under the supervision of an Electrician;
- Attention to detail and ability to leave work area looking meticulous when work is complete;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Basic knowledge and or/recognition of electrical tools.