Kitchen Utility Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Kitchen Utility to join our team.
- Responsible for organized storage of dishes, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, utensils, etc. in appropriate areas;
- Responsible for keeping room behind dish machine clean and organized;
- Responsible for maintaining the sanitation of utility areas and equipment;
- Responsible for keeping soiled dish area organized and clean between functions and at the end of the day;
- Responsible for proper use of dish machine to clean all dishes used within the Kitchen and for events;
- Responsible for knowing weekly work schedule; must be in full uniform;
- Responsible for assisting with kitchen plate-up, food service set-up and breakdown when needed;
- Responsible for reporting all breakage to management;
- Responsible for washing dirty pots and pans in potsink and potwasher;
- Responsible to wipe down and sanitize all metal surfaces in dishroom/potroom between functions and at the end of the day;
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized mop closet;
- Responsible for sweeping and mopping floors between functions and at the end of the day; also when asked by management;
- Set-up and removal of the food service equipment and tables for the services and breakdown area for banquet servers;
- Must punch in and out at your scheduled time including breaks and lunchtime.
- Minimum high school education or equivalent preferred. Should be able to read and write and possess basic math skills;
- Position requires individual to work irregular work hours including day, evening, holidays, and weekends;
- Individual with at least (6) six months experience in dishwashing preferred;
- Individual should possess communication skills, especially when interacting with co-workers, and teamwork skills.