Teacher Assistants Teacher assistants work with a licensed teacher to give students additional attention and instruction.
Assistant Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Teacher to join our team.
- Assist the Lead Teacher to create and deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum, and assess developmental needs of students;
- Attend in-service and staff meetings;
- Follow all center policies and state regulations;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Participating in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum;
- Designing an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom;
- Building teamwork;
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulations related to MA Department of;
- Support parent engagement and school readiness goals and activities to foster strong homeschool;
- Support positive nutrition and engage in conversations during family-style meals;
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Teacher when the Teacher is away from the;
- Support classroom teachers in the facilitation of self-control in children by using consistent,
- Maintain professional commitment;
- Experience in Group Management of Children 8-18 years oldGood communicator and listener;
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Caring and nurturing attitude towards children;
- Experience working in a licensed childcare facility;
- Flexible schedule is required to meet the needs of our children and families; including some;
- Must have a working telephone, cell phone or pager;
- Must consent to and pass agency drug testing;
- Must consent to and pass state felony, Central Registry Check, and/or FBI background check when applicable;
- Previous experience teaching children in an Early Childhood program required;
- Care or in process;
- Some evenings and weekends;
- Be available during operating hours [Wednesdays 11am – 1pm; Fridays 4pm – 6pm; Saturdays ( flexible) 11am – 1pm; and Sundays 10am – 2pm]
- Set and maintain consistent/constructive limits;
- Plan and participate in assigned activities;
- Attends required team meetings, case reviews, etc., and actively participates in such meetings;
- Previous experience teaching children (toddler age) in an Early Childhood program required.