Dishwasher cleans the cooking areas, utensils, and equipment in the kitchen as necessary. Washes and sorts flatware, serving dishes, china, and glasses. Being a Dishwasher operates dishwashing machine. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Dishwasher typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Dishwasher possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Dishwasher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dishwasher to join our team.
- Ensure that guest’s feel important and welcome in the restaurant;
- Highly organized, managing placement of all kitchen items and dishes and mindful of need to rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear;
- Responsible for making sure that guest health is protected by always using the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of the store;
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment;
- Stocking shelves;
- Adhere to Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices;
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned;
- Making sure health and state regulations are followed at all times;
- Monitor the machine for proper water temperatures and chemical levels;
- Assists in other areas of the restaurant when needed;
- Maintain an organized dish area;
- Follow health and safety guidelines as well as company policies and procedures;
- Light food prep will be required;
- occasionally shuffle the sidewalks/salt them;
- Clean restrooms and stock paper products.
- Stands during entire shift;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- High school diploma is a plus;
- The ability to communicate in an efficient and friendly manner;
- The ability to safely handle dishware;
- Safety and customer service oriented;
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed;
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below;
- Must be able to read labels on chemicals;
- Previous experience not required;
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment;
- Being a flexible/team player helping out anywhere needed.