CNA – Home Health Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNA – Home Health to join our team.
- Preparing light meals and assisting in feeding patient if necessary;
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered;
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care;
- Taking and recording oral, rectal, and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure when ordered;
- Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication;
- Reporting patient s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse;
- Providing personal care, including baths, personal hygiene, changing bed linen, dressing/undressing, toileting activities, and light housekeeping;
- Assisting with patient s laundry if needed;
- Following all privacy policies, Infection Control protocols, and maintaining the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI);
- Adhering to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct;
- Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, etc.);
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing unit;
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Current CPR Certification;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant;
- Current TB skin test;
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.