Coder Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Coder to join our team.
- Assist patient account representatives and other associates in Revenue Cycle with questions or claim issues related to coding of pain procedures;
- Print operative reports, consultations, H&Ps, and NSICU notes out of Clinical Messaging, Epic, or other resource;
- Contribute to team effort by performing other duties as assigned;
- Prepare the Dictation Lag report monthly;
- Assist with pain procedure coding for prior authorizations, as needed;
- Update Missing Surgical Data report each morning;
- Create or update patient accounts when needed;
- Help develop and maintain a corporate culture that supports the mission and values of Mayfield Clinic;
- Register new patients in CPS and update established patients’ demographic and insurance information;
- Time permitting, assist with coding and/or posting of E&M or other services;
- Code and bill pain procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- High school diploma required;
- Minimum three years work experience, with some healthcare experience preferred;
- Proficient in Word and Excel;
- CPC or other coding certification desirable;
- Knowledge of Healthbridge, EMR, Epic, CPT and ICD-10 coding for physicians desirable.