Nurse Practitioner examines and treats patients independently and in autonomous collaboration with other health care professionals. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. Being a Nurse Practitioner may prescribe medications and order diagnostic tests. Advises patients about continuing care. Additionally, Nurse Practitioner requires a master’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires RN. Requires Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP). Nurse Practitioner’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Nurse Practitioner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team.
- Participation in supervision of other trainees, including medical students, residents, fellows, and social work and psychology trainees;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible;
- Provides medical management for complications related to abortion and sterilization;
- Actively participates in the coordination of the patient’s hospice care;
- Assistance with HEDIS and MIPS compliance;
- Monitors and reviews consumers’ charts for medication/medical issues with appropriate follow-up;
- Identify and manage common-health problems, both acute and chronic in accordance with approved guidelines;
- Deliver high quality care and document appropriately to maintain excellent quality scores within commercial and public payer ACO programs;
- Discusses case with physician;
- Perform admission medical history and physical exams on all patients;
- Performs other related duties as assigned;
- Analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options;
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Knowledge of disease prevention;
- Must have prescriptive authorization;
- Average patients 15-20 /day;
- Competitive salary and benefits, malpractice coverage, pension plan with employer match, sign-on bonus and eligibility for loan repayment;
- Requires current NY State NP license, DEA registration, BLS and Infection Control Certificate;
- Improves clinical outcomes by conducting research or applying research findings of others;
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress;
- Minimum of five years clinical practice;
- CPR Certification;
- Occupational examinations, including Workers’ comp injury treatment/triage;
- Buprenorphine Waiver (100);
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- DOT certified or willing to become DOT certified.