Healthcare assistants look after patients in hospitals or in patients’ own homes.
Nursing Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Nursing Assistant to join our team.
- Answering patient lights and performing services in a timely manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient;
- Participating in hourly rounds;
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are met;
- Take and record patients vital signs;
- Assures that linens are dry, wrinkle free and the patient is comfortable;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Cooperates with all members of the healthcare team;
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise;
- Adheres to MHS Behavioral Standards;
- Uses proper body mechanics in moving, transferring and transporting patients;
- Reports abnormal vital signs are reported to the licensed nurse immediately. Record as instructed based on findings;
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently;
- Applies non-sterile dressing changes as directed;
- Interacts with patients/visitors/others in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Complete documentation of care given.
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures, aseptic practices, and cardio-pulmonary techniques;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment;
- High attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills;
- Experience working in related field;
- Certifications and licenses that apply;
- Familiarity working with nursing equipment;
- Experience in health care or long term care;
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions;
- A minimum of a grammar school education is essential;
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner;
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect;
- Must have and continue a clean Sex Offender report;
- Must have and continue a clean Criminal Background report;
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations;
- Certifications and licenses that apply (if you don’t have one, let us know, we’ll help you ).