Physician – Ophthalmology examines patients’ eyes to ensure eye health, to treat injuries and to identify eye irregularities. Prescribes glasses, contacts or surgery to correct vision. Being a Physician – Ophthalmology requires a MD degree from an accredited school. Requires a valid state license to practice. Additionally, Physician – Ophthalmology may report to a medical director. Physician – Ophthalmology’s years of experience requirement may be unspecified. Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is the main requirement.
Ophthalmology Physician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Ophthalmology Physician to join our team.
- You will interpret diagnostic tests and perform clinical procedures;
- You will be involved with teaching of Ophthalmology to rotating residents, interns and medical students;
- You will be responsible for attending Ophthalmology conferences;
- You will perform minor and major intraocular and periocular surgical and laser procedures.
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible;
- Board certification is desired but not required;
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.