Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department to join our team.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs;
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required;
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures;
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care;
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care;
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team;
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems;
- Orients and mentors new staff members;
- Carries out physician orders;
- Instructs and educates patients and families;
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs;
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- TNCC recommended within 2 years of hire;
- CPI Training required within 90 days of hire;
- Certification by the Emergency Nurses Association is recommended within 2 years of hire;
- Currently licensed by NYS as a registered professional nurse;
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing;
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus offered to candidates with 12 months ED RN experience with a 24 month agreement;
- Current BLS, ACLS, PAL/ENPC and Basic Coronary Care certifications OR obtained within 90 days of hire.