Rental Technician performs routine maintenance and minor repairs on rental fleet equipment. Trained to remove, disassemble, assemble, clean components. Being a Rental Technician begin to use service manuals properly and select correct tools, specifications. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Rental Technician typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Rental Technician may require 0-1 year of general work experience. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Rental Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Rental Technician to join our team.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and diagnosing of equipment malfunctions and failures;
- Adheres to all safety rules and maintains quality housekeeping in work area;
- Understands the operation, function, specifications, capabilities and controls of any piece of rental equipment;
- Completes all documents associated with repairs in a accurate and timely manner;
- Assist in rebuilding, repairing, and maintaining equipment and components;
- Adhere to manager’s and lead mechanic’s directions regarding all repairs and service calls;
- No formal responsibility for supervising others.
- Ability to work overtime/weekends;
- Able to articulate specific equipment problems in details to management, peers and/or customers;
- Moderate computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office. Moderate experience using data base systems;
- Physical Requirements of Position;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little or no supervision and achieve required goals and objectives;
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, non-verbal, listening and presentation skills;
- Excellent mechanical aptitude;
- Strong customer service skills with basic prospecting skills and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations;
- May be required to obtain a CDL;
- A strong knowledge of the product and a good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar/vendor influence.