Heavy Equipment Shop Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Heavy Equipment Shop Technician to join our team.
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Implementation of optional accessories;
- Incorporate Alta’s Guiding Principles into daily activities;
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time;
- General repairs;
- Complete inspections.
- Ability to be productive by working efficiently and effectively with a high energy level;
- Must have own tools;
- Excellent attendance required;
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time;
- At least 1 to 3 years of service tech troubleshooting and repair skills of automotive, light or heavy equipment;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy required;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Must have their own tools;
- High Energy and Positive Attitude;
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a solid understanding of the following systems: engine, power train, hydraulics and electrical;
- Must be able to work Mon-Friday -6 AM – 5 PM;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment;
- Proficient in diagnosing mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and performing repairs;
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand;
- Must be able to safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and material handling equipment.