The Field Service Technician, Senior reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Sets up, operates and troubleshoots a variety of machines and/or equipment on customer site in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Being a Field Service Technician, Senior requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Adjusts and operates a certain equipment to complete assigned task safely and timely. In addition, Field Service Technician, Senior may have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Working as a Field Service Technician, Senior typically requires 3-5 years of related experience. Has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
Senior Field Service Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Field Service Technician to join our team.
- Install, maintain, test, adjust, and repair communication equipment such as radio and antenna systems;
- Utilize test equipment as required to perform proper installation or repair.
- Experience performing testing, repair, and replacement at the component (piece part) and board level;
- Proficiency in fault isolation, restoration and adjustment of company communications equipment;
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty pounds and climb towers and stepped poles up to fifty feet in height;
- Ability to read and follow technical manuals/instructions and have a basic knowledge of how to read schematics and drawings;
- Possession of an FCC General Radiotelephone Operator’s License (GROL) or obtain one within 6 months of being hired;
- The position is focused on providing 24/7 support, so after hours work is common;
- Willingness to provide on-the-job training to Associate Field Service Technicians;
- Experience analyzing system failures and identifying, and restoring equipment malfunctions and failures.