The Paralegal , Senior researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes. Assists and supports attorneys with research or due diligence. Being a Paralegal , Senior has a strong understanding of technical legal terminology. Prepares legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, etc. May direct the work of clerical or other support staff. In addition, Paralegal , Senior typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to an attorney. Typically requires paralegal certification. Being a Paralegal , Senior contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Paralegal , Senior typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Paralegal Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Paralegal to join our team.
- Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from SEC staff;
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc;
- Assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation;
- Create and maintain case files, both digital and hard-copy; manage electronically stored information;
- Schedule appointments, court hearings, and client meetings;
- Provide in-court litigation support during trials;
- Communicate regularly by phone, email, and in person with clients, attorneys, law clerks, vendors, court personnel, etc;
- Demonstrate agility in handling a variety of other matters as they arise;
- Files and serves pleadings as necessary;
- Maintains paper and electronic litigation files for administrative hearings;
- Work independently negotiating, drafting and editing employment agreements, notices and other legal documents;
- Facilitate, save, track, and coordinate all contracts and eSignatures (NDAs, Merchant, Vendor, and more);
- Assist with and/or prepare summaries and analysis of contract terms;
- Build and refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that improve team and contract workflow efficiencies;
- Provide compliance metrics reporting for contract management.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw;
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support;
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources;
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful;
- Exceptionally organized, efficient, and articulate;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance;
- Seeking broader commercial experience;
- Experience editing in CaseMap;
- At least two (2) years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful;
- Proficiency working with MacOS and iOS;
- Impeccable integrity and judgment;
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and uncertainty;
- Additional proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Form etc.), Box, Microsoft Office, Adobe, JIRA, and Salesforce;
- Experience coding and document review in Relativity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.