Applications Development Manager manages a team of analysts or developers responsible for the organization’s applications development and analysis function. Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects, resources, and monitors project timelines. Being an Applications Development Manager oversees feasibility researches, estimates project timeline and cost. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Applications Development Manager typically reports to a director or head of a unit or department. The Applications Development Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be an Applications Development Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Application Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Development Manager to join our team.
- Work with QA partners to deliver high-quality solutions;
- Manage and mentor a highly skilled, talented team of Software Engineers;
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of the technology, service solutions, business processes and components of the Tracker application;
- Design, develop & support front-end web, ReSTful APIs, and database components adhering to our SDLC best practices and guidelines;
- Understand and practice agile software development and management;
- Lead technical discussions and drive effective technical decisions covering their area of responsibility;
- Collaborate across business and technology functions to ensure comprehensive business solutions are implemented;
- Management of the Support, maintenance and troubleshooting of production issues on the Tracker platform;
- In depth data analysis to support business requests and application trouble shooting;
- Management of the development and implementation of Tracker features and functions;
- Ability to operate and develop in various SDLC methodologies including Agile;
- Estimation for changes and development proposed;
- Partner effectively with stakeholders to manage scope and deliverables;
- Management of all day-to-day tasks and resources associated with the Tracker team;
- Planning, developing, testing, supporting, bug and break fixing, guided by scrum.
- 5+ years of design, development, and deployment of application software;
- 6+ years of extensive experience leading development teams across multiple locations;
- Eager to share ideas and learn from other team members;
- Experience with the ability to develop complex queries and perform detailed data analysis;
- Strong written and oral communication skills to be able to clearly describe and discuss problems;
- Knowledge of SOAP/RESTful APIs;
- Excellent verbal & written skills to interact with peers, business partners & customers;
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, etc;
- Experience with designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environment;
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- 8-10 years relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of CRM systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365;
- Managing performance metrics of the applications;
- Experience in Continuous Integration & Delivery of applications.