The Cafe Manager oversees operations including ordering, inventory, meal planning, food preparation, and service. Manages an on site company cafeteria. Being a Cafe Manager manages and trains cafeteria staff. Ensures operations are in compliance with all food safety and sanitation regulations. In addition, Cafe Manager may require an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Cafe Manager supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. Working as a Cafe Manager typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Cafe Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cafe Manager to join our team.
- Continuously improve operational execution through attention to detail and adherence to Urban Air operating standards and philosophies;
- Ensuring that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently;
- Delivering store sales and financial objectives by removing any barriers to success;
- Contributing ideas, thoughts, and solutions that result in increased productivity, higher retention, and improved operations;
- Addressing performance issues quickly and respectfully by coaching, counseling, and managing any conflicts;
- Updating and creating protocols;
- Filling in barista shifts;
- Proactively attracting, identifying, and hiring team members that have the ability to grow within the organization;
- Scheduling daily labor requirements that meet the needs of the business and provide great customer service experiences;
- Developing new menu items and educational opportunities to showcase indi chocolate;
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with indi chocolaten’s core values and culture;
- Managing all aspects of daily operations of the coffee shop, cafe, and retail store, both front of house and back of house;
- Connecting with the local community and customers as a brand ambassador;
- Successfully and consistently communicating team wins, priorities, best practices and operational changes to deliver brilliant execution;
- Teaching about coffee, brewing and drink development to the indi team, guests and the public.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required;
- Understanding of marketing strategies, including social media;
- Manager Serve Safe certification required;
- Organization skills and proven ability to lead, supervise, and coach fellow team members;
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, decision-making, conflict management and customer service skills;
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the duration of each shift;
- Ability to multi-task and remain positive in sometimes stressful working conditions;
- Bending, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds to perform duties like stocking, refilling ice or taking out trash;
- Constant face-to-face interactions with crew members and customers;
- Safely navigate in a fast-paced café environment.