The Call Center Director implements and reviews policies and operating structure of the contact center. Directs the entire operations of the organization’s contact center facility. Being a Call Center Director monitors the interactions to ensure that the expectations of the customers are met. Sets standards and guidelines for customer interactions. In addition, Call Center Director analyzes operations of the contact center and oversees any efficiency improvements. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Call Center Director manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Call Center Director typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Call Center Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Call Center Director to join our team.
- Devise ways to optimize procedures that employees are expected to follow during and between calls;
- Prepare monthly and annual progress and status reports, and employee performance evaluations;
- Actively manage incoming calls, call routing, agent availability, etc. to ensure low wait times and proper handling of calls;
- Increase productivity of managers and representatives alike (coach, hold accountable and recognize/reward on KPIs);
- Help create and maintain a positive department culture through the participation in, and creation of Company culture initiatives;
- Assist in developing and implementing future contact center vision and strategy;
- Reviews trends for phone volume, staffing levels, and customer satisfaction to determine where process improvements may be made;
- Continuously monitor call center dashboard and assign calls and agents as needed, maintain flow;
- Review quality performance measurements and provide input to for coaching performance/action plans as applicable;
- Ensures that all complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing;
- Extensive knowledge using online call center phone and tracking systems;
- Strong listening skills, attention to detail, and decision-making skills;
- Minimum 3 years in a contact center environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities;
- Experience managing leaders/supervisors;
- Previous experience on the healthcare field preferred but not required;
- Knowledge of call center performance evaluation procedure;
- Pleasant, friendly attitude, with an ability to adapt to change;
- Desire for personal/professional growth and development;
- Superior problem-solving abilities.