Catering managers run the food service of organisations including restaurants, bars, schools, colleges and outside suppliers.
Catering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Catering Manager to join our team.
- Load and unload event equipment into catering vehicles, following all truck safety procedures;
- Ensure that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up;
- Display excellent customer service and maintain a well-groomed, neat appearance;
- Facilitate external customer relations; represent Perkins and the client at any and all meetings and events;
- Assist with booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed;
- Prepare banquet room for the function;
- Maintain equipment and all other catering supplies;
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases of employees;
- Maintain storage rooms and supplies in an orderly fashion;
- Partner with the Director of Operations to ensure all delivery and pick-up times are met;
- Experience creating a program aimed at local sales reps, corporate clients, and other local businesses;
- Create and grow a book of business and participate in local networking events;
- Develop, implement, and oversee the catering function within our restaurant;
- Demonstrate strong relationship-building and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong connections in the community;
- Lead external communication efforts related to sales and the cultivation of new client relationships.
- A track record of exceeding sales goals;
- Keen ability to communicate with local clientele and create solutions for their needs;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a catering manager in a similar concept;
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.