Construction Coordinator I oversees and facilitates the installation of equipment and components for a project to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to approved contracts, specifications, and schedules. Serves as a liaison with project management reporting on inspections, subcontracting, progress, and delays. Being a Construction Coordinator I proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery. Provides technical knowledge and input to assist installing contractors. Additionally, Construction Coordinator I requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Construction Coordinator I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Construction Coordinator I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Construction Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Coordinator to join our team.
- Update the Trex database weekly with project status information provided by the RCMs and upload the changes to Trex;
- Review and coordinate the completion of Phase 2 construction/remodel packages and forward them to the Regional Director;
- Screen telephone calls for the Regional Director on a regular basis and for the Real Estate Vice President as needed;
- Keep the Regional Director’s calendar and schedule appointments;
- Monitor the collection and completion of ground-break Approved Capital Expenditures (ACEs);
- Respond to and assist with site response to emergency situations involving the natural gas distribution system;
- Review punch list processes for timing, quality, and follow-up;
- Monitor contract and change order information for accuracy and enter this information into the system;
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area;
- Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work;
- Lifting of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time;
- Under direct supervision, performs routine duties requiring knowledge of basic engineering principles;
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et al;
- Performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments.
- College/Vocational school preferred; high school diploma or equivalent necessary;
- 1+ years Project Management;
- 1+ years System Design, Planning and Estimating;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Associate Degree in an Engineering, IT, or related degree;
- 1-2 years of road construction experience;
- High School diploma, GED, or HSED;
- Notary Public Certification, or ability to obtain Notary Public Certification preferred;
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy;
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs;
- Team player as this position interacts with all areas of the business, and outside customer groups;
- Proven problem-solving abilities;
- Experience managing contractors and coordinating multi-site construction projects;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Strong fiber construction background.