Director of Staff Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Staff Development to join our team.
- Collaborates with all departments in planning, organizing and implementing educational programs and developing educational resources;
- Manage the approved Nursing Assistant Training program and submit approval forms as required by the state agency;
- Monitors the effectiveness/outcomes of educational programs;
- Participates in the development, revision and communication of facility policies and procedures;
- Supervise classroom and clinical activities of Nursing Assistants;
- Investigate all employee accidents and promote prevention of similar occurrences through appropriate recommendations and/or interventions;
- Fosters departmental and interdisciplinary team building. Promotes team morale and productivity;
- Respond to all staff, family members and residents in a courteous, patient and caring manner;
- Plan and publish a monthly In-service calendar;
- Responsible for orientation and ongoing education of all staff, both for department-specific and facility-wide education;
- Respect the dignity of each person;
- Participates in curriculum development and selects appropriate teaching strategies;
- Maintain established educational models reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the facility;
- Accurately interpret and assure compliance with established policies, procedures and philosophy of care;
- Scheduling and recording required employee health issues, such as hepatitis B.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and computer skills are required.