Director, Training and Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director, Training and Development to join our team.
- Research new training programs to keep up with effective ways to teach;
- Generate formalized high potential development opportunities and explore new ways to engage and grow high potential talent;
- Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies throughout learning and development activities;
- Lead the training and development center of excellence (COE);
- Make recommendations to the business on the most effective use of the vendor/training spend, the annual course offerings and oversight of the budget;
- Manage the governance, management and effective functionality of the Learning Management System, with support from our HR Systems team.
- 10+ years in a HR/people leadership role, preferably in industrial manufacturing;
- Proven ability to support multiple cross-functional teams across the North America;
- High degree of emotional intelligence and flexibility in a dynamic culture;
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems and E-learning tools;
- Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) and/or Society for Human Resource Management-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), preferred;
- Proven record of strong relationship building, organizational skills and the ability to be work independently;
- Creative problem-solving skills with a passion for performance strategy development;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills;
- Knowledge of traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques;
- Demonstrate skills/experience in initiating, planning, and executing a wide variety of projects effectively and efficiently;
- Creative content creation and successful development and implementation of ongoing training and development programs;
- Strong consulting skills with a client-focused mind-set; building valuable relationships based on trust, respect and collaboration;
- Excellent verbal communication and facilitation skills in different settings ranging from one on one meetings to small and large groups;
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop talent and effectively provide constructive feedback to learners.