Distribution Center Manager manages daily activities of a centralized distribution center. Monitors inventory levels to manage expenses, minimize loss, and maximize revenue. Being a Distribution Center Manager ensures that goods are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities. May be responsible for evaluating freight services, negotiating contracts, and managing relationships with chosen vendors. Additionally, Distribution Center Manager may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Distribution Center Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Distribution Center Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Distribution Center Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Distribution Center Manager to join our team.
- Assists in typing and printing UPS shipping labels;
- Arranges and aids with collating material for various Inland products;
- Packs requested material for shipment;
- Stores and organizes all printed material being held at the Inland campus for IREIC and its affiliates;
- Timely review of distribution center invoices to be sent to accounts payable for payment;
- Supports in organizing Salesforce requests;
- Coordinates and assists with various mailing projects as needed;
- Maintains product inventory for IREIC and its affiliates;
- Organizes and delegates the daily work schedule and projects for the team;
- Handles incoming deliveries for IREIC and its affiliates;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Organizes all delivery requests to Inland for material stored offsite at Dallas Logistics.
- Excellent customer service;
- Ability to multi-task and organize projects as well as a team;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- 2-5 years of previous supervisory experience preferred;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office software skills, knowledge of Salesforce a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.