Mechanical engineers develop and design the components and machinery used in manufacturing, construction and other industries.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD with prior experience designing in an MEP Environment;
- Preparing conceptual designs based on client’s requirements;
- Design, build, and test complex mechanical subsystems for use on underwater vehicles as subsystem lead;
- Detailed product design and modeling, material selection, structural and thermal analyses;
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment;
- Must be excellent communicator capable of estimating and scheduling engineering man hours and resolving multidiscipline problems;
- tie-in lists and line lists;
- Improve lifetime of products through failure analysis and evolving environmental testing procedures;
- Design, execute and manage tests to collect statistically significant data to ensure technical specifications and product requirements are met;
- Provide customer-facing technical expertise in response to critical client escalations;
- Support documentation and modeling efforts including maintenance of as-built drawings;
- Report to Production Manager to synchronize design and production scheduling;
- Complete projects ranging from moderate to high complexity;
- This position includes an opportunity for the candidate to grow into a leadership and/or supervisory role based on merit;
- Create Engineering Change Orders for design changes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes;
- Excel, sharepoint, etc;
- Vault 2019 knowledge;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as Mechanical Engineer;
- Background in the design of plastic components (injection molding) as well as the design of metal-formed components (sheet metal and machined);
- Participate and assist in coordinating program and technical meetings. Create, review, and recommend changes for various technical briefs;
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment;
- Leadership skills to direct activities of technicians and engineers;
- 5 years industrial experience preferred;
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers;
- Must have knowledge on TQM methodology, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, GD&T and measurement correlations;
- Strong knowledge of CAD software and drafting procedures;
- Solid mechanics, stress analysis, machine dynamics;
- Must have knowledge on process and product auditing, Customer Handling;
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of LEED requirements and industry standards and practices i.e. ASHRAE, BCA, ACG, GSA.