The Senior Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as engines, instruments, controls, robots, machines, etc. Conducts product testing and creates models and prototypes. Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering. May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products. In addition, Senior Mechanical Engineer typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Mechanical Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Mechanical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
- Perform near field & far field CFD simulations;
- Develop and create test standards and protocols; analyze test results;
- Execute or develop requirements for component or system analyses;
- Confer with higher levels of management;
- Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments;
- Adhere to schedules, project milestones, and accomplishment of assigned objectives;
- Act as technical advisor on more unusual and complex issues and guide staff on solutions;
- Serve as a resource for less experienced engineers and as a guide for questions;
- Selecting components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements;
- Project management of redesign engineering from prototype to production release;
- Follow engineering standards for producing accurate drawings;
- Design of Langevin style ultrasonic transducers;
- Support machine assembly team;
- Develop Mechanical Construction Work Package (MCWP’s);
- Work with quality clinic and related departments to support the test and verification of field issues.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner;
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools;
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position;
- 10 years designing mechanical systems with emphasis in one or more of HVAC, Fire Protection, Emergency Ventilation, Fire Life Safety;
- Able to produce Class A surfacing and produce production-ready 2d drawing packages;
- Excellent proven and creative problem-solving skills;
- Minimum 15 years related experience in building design as an engineering professional is required;
- 3D CAD experience (Solidworks preferred);
- Five (5) years designing mechanical systems with emphasis one or more of HVAC, Fire Protection, Emergency Ventilation, Fire Life Safety;
- Track record of generating and documenting intellectual property;
- Advance level Solidworks or ProEngineer and experience working with Alias generated surface files;
- Computer networking experience;
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a relevant field and a US working visa are required.