Head of Nursing plans and directs all nursing personnel. Develops and implements nursing policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Head of Nursing reviews nursing department operations to ensure compliance with established standards. Ensures that all patients receive the highest quality care. Additionally, Head of Nursing requires a master’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to top management. The Head of Nursing manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function. To be a Head of Nursing typically requires 8+ years of managerial experience.
Nurse-Head Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Nurse-Head to join our team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least two years experience with hematology/oncology patients in a clinic or hospital is required;
- Current CPR certification required;
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Florida;
- Experience Minimum Required : Minimum 2 years experience on current unit or in specialty area;
- Current OCN certification is required;
- Valid Florida drivers license for travel to clinics.