Project Administrator I coordinates project activities to ensure the project is on schedule. Provides administrative and logistical support including meeting arrangement, progress tracking, and documentation. Being a Project Administrator I typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. The Project Administrator I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Project Administrator I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Project Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Administrator to join our team.
- Update, improve, generate, and help design and organize content on GAAIN-related web-sites (gaain.org, gaaindata.org, YouTube);
- Set up, maintain, and closeout filing system;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Audit Certified Payroll to ensure legal compliance;
- Plan, implement, and manage visibility events, activities, collaborations, projects and/or programs to increase awareness of GAAIN;
- Provide support for project managers including Document control;
- Stay current with pertinent literature and developments, establish an active network of professional contacts;
- Act as a liaison between Project Managers and Clients for contract/purchase order issues;
- Assist the Office team with other general administrative tasks to ensure the department’s success;
- Setup and manage the day to day PMO process and tools for the project;
- Develop a technical understanding of products and communicate effectively with customers and internal personnel;
- Perform standard and ad hoc reporting for management;
- Provide timely, helpful and thorough responses and resolutions to customer requests;
- Project documentation including meeting notes and follow ups;
- Administrative project setup with Finance as well as in our internal project tracking system.
- Public relations or marketing background/skills;
- 3-5+ years of administrative work experience;
- Good people skills, communication written & oral;
- Strong project management, organizational, and problem solving/troubleshooting skills a must;
- SharePoint 365;
- Updates and maintains technical databases and generates reports;
- Ability to communicate with customers, client and internal management;
- Make site visits and attend meetings as needed;
- Tracks and compiles project information and prepares status reports for management. Reviews and reconciles department and project budgets;
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimum supervision;
- Proficient in organizational skills;
- Basic understanding of the project life-cycle as defined by the customer;
- Detail oriented;
- Proficient in MS Office Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS;
- 2+ years’ experience working as part of a web development or management project team, preferably onboarding sites onto a CMS.