Sr. Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager to join our team.
- Oversees activities of engineering personnel involved in designing, debuging, modifying and verifying products;
- Develop and manage departmentbudgets, including long-range capital planning for the labs to drive roadmap;
- Provide leadership to proactively identify quality signals and trends and drive actions needed to mitigate or reverse adverse quality trends;
- Establishand successfully execute quality initiatives and plans which align to businessobjectives and initiatives;
- Establish operating policies and procedures. Interpret, execute, and recommend modifications to policies and procedures;
- Apply knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) techniques and tools to support data-driven decisions;
- Performance management;
- Establish and develop roadmap on best in class analysis techniques to drive a continuous improvement culture that is innovative;
- Hiring and onboarding talent;
- Support and lead investigations of complex product problems. Identify and manage corrective actions resulting from problem investigations;
- Partner with Product Management and Design to develop long-term customer-centric product and technology roadmaps;
- Make architectural trade-offs between product, engineering, and resource trade-offs;
- Coordinate and plan long term multi-team projects;
- Lead and manage a team of engineers building scalable and high quality marketplace and network products;
- Mentor and coach engineers to level up in their careers.
- Experienced in building or managing teams to build scalable distributed systems;
- Strong management skills and executing on complex multi-quarter projects;
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience;
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience;
- Ability to recruit, mentor, retain, and manage top engineering talent and teams;
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience in software engineering, system design, and algorithms;
- Strong collaboration skills including with Product Management and Design.