Engineering Manager manages all engineering activities within a department including design, development, production and testing. Implements and maintains overall engineering objectives and initiatives. Being an Engineering Manager confronts and solves performance/operational issues to improve development efficiency. Leads and develops the engineering team. Additionally, Engineering Manager oversees a robust project management process and delivery timelines to keep projects on schedule and on budget. Requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Engineering Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be an Engineering Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineering Manager to join our team.
- Manage redline/as-built process;
- Collaborate with product leadership to standardize agile best practices;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key individuals within the Engineering, Regulatory, Marketing/Sales and Operations teams;
- Interact with and provide recommendations, metrics, or other information to Senior Management when necessary;
- Partner with leaders to identify and plan capabilities necessary to meet business needs;
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is provided for all team mates;
- Manage the engineering teams responsible for building Norton’s educational technology applications and e-commerce solutions;
- Ensure consistency of code structure, project organization, practices, external libraries and tools between teams;
- Review and approve all proposal activities for new work within the section;
- Ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental codes and regulations;
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging;
- Manage relationships with contractors and tenants;
- Mentor team members in both their technical and professional development;
- Manage and rapidly scale the Foundation’s engineering team with a focus on quality, consistency, velocity, and experimentation;
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance. Liaise with developers, designers, and systems administrators to build new features.
- At least two years in a team leadership role;
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques;
- Experience leading a centralized team providing support to multiple aligned development teams;
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification and technical documentation skills;
- You have a customer-first mindset and a strong ability to bring people together from across the company to accomplish strategic and operational goals;
- System Interconnection & Integration;
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent;
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring engineers in an agile environment;
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution;
- Employment eligibility to work in in the US is required;
- Worked Extensively in Machine Shop Environment;
- Excellent time management, teamwork and communication skills;
- Technical experience with Thin Films PVD/CVD processing and equipment;
- At least 5+ years of technical leadership and people management experience;
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and platforms, such as: SonarQube, npm audit, Jest, Enzyme, Mocha, and Mockito.