Applications Engineering Manager I manages daily activities of applications engineers that review customers’ technical needs and recommend specific product/service solutions to meet these needs. Leads research and the preparation of reports on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment. Being an Applications Engineering Manager I oversees and contributes to the design and development of equipment and systems or redesign of existing equipment to fulfill customer needs. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Additionally, Applications Engineering Manager I acts as advisor to applications engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Applications Engineering Manager I manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be an Applications Engineering Manager I typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Application Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Engineering Manager to join our team.
- training of field applications engineers as well as customer engineers;
- product validation and characterization (hands-on work in the lab);
- contribute to the definition of innovative and differentiated products;
- technical documentation (e.g. datasheet, application note, and design guidelines);
- set up and execute simulations of power converter circuits and systems;
- system level testing and characterization;
- customer support, including on-site support;
- work closely with local and remove teams (FAE’s, design/test/product/reliability engineering, and marketing) to perform the tasks listed above.
- Familiarity with analog circuits and/or IC design including op-amps, DACs, ADCs, LDOs is also desirable;
- Experience leading a team of engineers or managing an applications team;
- Experience with analog circuit modeling and simulation tools (e.g. Simplis, PSpice, etc.);
- Clear and concise communication skills, verbal and written, are essential to this position;
- Excellent knowledge of control theory, closed loop compensation, stability analysis, phase margin, etc;
- Schematic capture, PCB design tools such as Orcad, Allegro;
- Multi-phase regulator experience is a plus.