Production Engineering Manager manages the planning and designing of methods to improve or enhance existing programs. Oversees the analysis and review of budgets, schedules, production requirements and headcount to determine the most cost effective and efficient methods of obtaining necessary resources. Being a Production Engineering Manager develops and recommends revisions or enhancements to schedules, human and monetary resource allocations, and production requirements. Ensures projects are completed on time. Additionally, Production Engineering Manager acts as advisor to production engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a unit/department head. The Production Engineering Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Production Engineering Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Product Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Engineering Manager to join our team.
- Average 1-2 Lunch and Learns and/or professional organization presentations per week;
- Products Service;
- Work with all available departments using a “Team approach” within ADS to accomplish your objectives;
- Field investigations;
- Work with State and local DOT, DEP, County and Municipal agencies, Sanitary Districts, Water Management Districts, etc;
- Stay involved in the project (sold & installed);
- Build strong, influential relationships with design engineers;
- Product application training with installers especially with newly introduced products;
- ADS Sanitary and Storm HP PP;
- An average of 15-20 physical calls per week;
- High frequency of “touches”; Build broad coalition of support;
- Product Application Knowledge;
- Monitoring and tracking of high profile installations;
- Projects in Net Suite with a valve of 100k+ should be updated on a weekly basis;
- Get ADS pipe specified on Capital Imp Projects (CIPs).
- 4-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or a commensurate level of experience with related products;
- 3+ years of hands on/work related experience within manufacturing;
- Minimum of BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineer;
- 3+ years managerial experience.