HRIS Analyst I evaluates, analyzes, and maintains company Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). Assists in identifying new HR needs and the software products to fulfill these needs. Being a HRIS Analyst I makes alterations to existing programs to gather and report data as necessary. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, HRIS Analyst I typically reports to Manager. The HRIS Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a HRIS Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
HRIS Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HRIS Analyst to join our team.
- Perform other duties as necessary;
- Maintain close coordination with Functional Owners; work with relevant leads to balance workload across resources/technology and application;
- Perform weekly maintenance of all HR PeopleSoft modules and vendor interfaces/data extracts;
- Prepare and executes tests to ensure that modifications to the system are adequately tested prior to implementation;
- Run In-system diagnostics;
- Analyze metrics and perform case trend analysis. Generate reports for the business and support leadership based on this analysis;
- Coordinate with Release Manager for release changes to production;
- Intake and log support cases into an electronic ticketing system (ServiceNow);
- Maintain and develop the HRIS procedures manual and distribution of all changes to the appropriate teams;
- Identify opportunities for system enhancements;
- Develop and maintain reports to support analytical and business needs;
- Partner with internal departments and third party clients to complete cross functionality testing and auditing;
- Develop user documentation and conduct training for new users and new functionality;
- Responsible for driving innovation and process improvement to support long term human resources business goals and process improvement;
- Serve as help desk for HRIS requests (detect, troubleshoot and resolve issues).
- Four years of progressive human resources experience which includes experiences in human capital management implementations or systems;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field;
- Professionalism while managing high priority and escalated support cases;
- Workday experience required;
- Flexibility and ability to handle changing environments and priorities;
- Weekly Audit of pending transactions and reaching out to Team Members to prevent transactions from becoming stale;
- Microsoft Excel experience required;
- Strong analytical and communication skills;
- Familiarity with Global HCM applications;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Conduct application workflow assessments, review tests results, and implement process improvements;
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task in fast paced environment;
- Must be a team player;
- Strong/proficient experience with Microsoft Excel required (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formulas, data tables, etc.);
- 5+ years HRIS related/ HR Data Analytics experience.