Process Development Associate Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Process Development Associate Scientist to join our team.
- Direct the technology transfer of new or updated processes to the manufacturing group. Train and mentor junior staff;
- Lead lab studies to develop upstream or downstream manufacturing processes;
- Implement innovative methods to improve expression technologies;
- Maintain electronic laboratory notebooks;
- Analyze and interpret data;
- Generate relevant data toward publications, patent applications, and regulatory submissions;
- Generate written reports and communicate project updates as appropriate.
- MS Degree in Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, or related disciplines with 2+ years of relevant experience;
- iCellis experience preferred;
- BS Degree in Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, or related disciplines +4 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of process development concepts for biological manufacturing; basic principles of various engineering disciplines required;
- AKTA experience preferred;
- Experience in biologics manufacturing preferred;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude;
- Master’s degree in life science, chemical engineering, or related fields with 5+ years of relevant scientific experience;
- Additional experience in any of these areas: genetic engineering, media optimization, and vector design;
- Scientifically driven mindset and the ability to explore and develop novel technologies and approaches;
- Proficiency using data analysis and visualization software;
- Previous industrial hands on experience in cell culture with a focus on recombinant protein production in mammalian cells;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive leadership mindset;
- Experience with automation for use in high throughput cell culture;
- Strong understanding of cell biology, molecular biology, and protein engineering.