Process Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Process Scientist to join our team.
- Weekend work determined by project and experiment demand;
- Prepare stock solutions and media for mammalian cell culture as needed;
- Communicate own work effectively;
- Perform other lab support activities such as basic equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and lab organization;
- Excellent employment opportunity for a Process Scientist I in the Fremont, CA area;
- The position will also interface with analytical scientists to provide samples, descriptions and analyses;
- The position may also include analytical equipment capable of determining some performance parameters for mammalian cell culture;
- The position will also use bioreactor control equipment such as Finesse or Aplikon;
- Analytical such as UV/Vis spectroscopy and fluorescence will be required;
- The position will also make up solutions and growth media for mammalian cell culture;
- Training for the routine use of these instruments would be provided;
- Downstream activities include the operation of Akta purification systems, solution preparation and pumping systems;
- Such equipment may include a Nova Flex analyzer a Waters HPLC or UPLC with Empower software, Cedex cell counters, blood gas analyzers and others.
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Experience using sterile fermentation techniques;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools including: Word, Excel and preferably OneNote and Microsoft Project;
- Use of weighing scales, pipettes, mixers and other liquid handling instruments.