Senior Applied Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Applied Scientist to join our team.
- Keeping abreast of research trends in the field of Deep Learning and AI;
- Exploring applications of Deep Learning across multiple domains and identifying models that can bring value to our customers in those domains;
- Think through a problem from inception to shipment;
- Work independently and collaboratively with other research and product teams;
- Training models that can then be deployed at scale.
- Experience with deep learning in PyTorch or Tensorflow/Keras;
- Demonstrated experience with managing data, training, and debugging complex machine learning systems;
- Strong experimentation and coding skills with the ability to learn new languages and tools;
- Publications in ML/NLP conferences (e.g., ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, NeurIPS, ICML) is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 3+ years of experience with Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning;
- Experience in text summarization area;
- Strong coding skills in one or more of: Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Scala;
- Experience with production ML/NLP pipelines, quantifiable product impact;
- Experience with natural language generation and text summarization;
- Experience with Clinical or Biomedical NLP is a plus;
- Experience with recent NLP & deep learning advancements, e.g., BERT, transformers, attention, LSTMs, sequence to sequence, etc;
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in teams, collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results;
- Experience/interest in Healthcare and/or Health technology;
- Experience in large scale web services.