Senior Applied Data Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Applied Data Scientist to join our team.
- Understand the business/user problems. Identifies and prioritizes business opportunities and communicates insights and compelling data-driven stories;
- Mentor and grow talented junior data scientists on the team;
- Contribute to research, identification, prototyping, and productizing of ML/AI techniques and algorithms that result in specific action plans;
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Development Engineers to use ML/AI driven tools and models.
- Ability to understand complex systems and apply statistics and ML/AI around them;
- 5+ years of experience with statistical, ML or data mining algorithms for real-world problems;
- Course work and prior experience in data and/or text analytics, with focus on predictive models, neural networks and other AI techniques;
- Communicates well with technical and non-technical audiences;
- 3+ years of experience of working through a full product cycle;
- A sense of personal ownership is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations;
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with advanced ML techniques for classification, regression, recommendations, or pattern recognition;
- Familiarity with large scale data processing systems (ex. Azure Databricks, Hadoop or Spark);
- Master or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Machine Learning, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics);
- Strong programming skills in Python (or R).