Data & Applied Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data & Applied Scientist to join our team.
- You will design experiments, analyze results and produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them;
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels;
- Engage with customers via public presentations and 1:1 meeting at all levels;
- Working closely with other data scientists and data engineers to deploy models that drive cloud infrastructure capacity planning;
- Keeping abreast of new statistical / machine learning techniques and implementing them as appropriate to improve predictive performance;
- Presenting findings/insights regularly to PMs, stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- Quick learner and able to adapt to changing environment and learn new, complex topics; a consummate learner;
- Adept and passionate about building relationships across disparate teams and working in a matrix environment;
- Adept at communicating findings: pliable to differing audiences, skilled at various data visualizations;
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer;
- Experience accessing and working with data in SQL, or if no SQL background willingness to learn (applies to many other technologies as well);
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and engineering teams;
- Practical experience contributing to and maintaining a large code base with code versioning systems such as git;
- Prior experience developing production-grade statistical and machine learning code in a team environment;
- Knowledge and ability to work within a large-scale computing context, and hands-on experience with Hadoop, Spark, DataBricks or similar;
- Experience in understanding business needs and translating them into technical solutions;
- Significant experience in Data Science and Machine Learnings with a strong proven track record in delivering positive business impact;
- Experience in Natural Language Processing;
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or related field;
- Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL and Data Warehouses;
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with data science, big data experience and analytics in a business context.