Advertising copywriters produce words for print, TV, radio and online adverts.
Copywriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Copywriter to join our team.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach;
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice;
- Collaborate with project manager, business partners and supervisor on project goals, strategies, messaging and timelines;
- Deliver work that is on strategy and on time;
- Develop messaging and content for sales tools and demand generations programs as required to help drive pipeline and revenue;
- Work closely with relevant teams — ecomm, merchants, buyers — to ensure deadlines are being met;
- Ability to understand and enforce brand standards, identity and consistency;
- Demonstrated ability to produce high caliber marketing materials as demonstrated via submitted portfolio;
- Work closely with multiple internal teams/departments;
- Write succinct, engaging email copy for great brands—capturing their voice perfectly;
- Demonstrate a team player attitude and be able to respond;
- Trend research – fashion, creative, strategic, popular culture;
- Help lead the concepting around product names and positioning for launch campaigns;
- Create written content for the following: Blog Posts;
- Own and manage your daily tasks, reporting to the CXO and PM.
- Be able to capture a wide variety of brand voices—and switch between them seamlessly;
- At least five years of advertising, marketing, or communications writing experience;
- Borderline obsession with proper grammar and English usage (AP Style enthusiasts welcome);
- Agency experience;
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail;
- 3+ years of agency experience;
- Must be able to include strategic thinking when writing original creative copy across multiple platforms;
- Excellent written and verbal English (native);
- 4-5 years of agency experience (after graduation);
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets;
- Keep up to date with popular culture and fashion trends related to the industry;
- Excellent written, verbal and people skills;
- Be able to multitask among various campaigns, work under pressure and manage workloads effectively;
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism and/or Marketing, or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training;
- 3+ years leading or contributing to social media planning and copywriting.