Field Service Supervisor I oversees field service personnel who perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair. Schedules and trains field service representatives. Being a Field Service Supervisor I responsibilities also include maintaining offices and facilities including ensuring inventory is fully stocked. A level I supervisor is considered a working supervisor with little authority for personnel actions. Additionally, Field Service Supervisor I may require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Working team member that may validate or coordinate the work of others on a support team. Suggests improvements to process, is a knowledge resource for other team members. Has no authority for staff actions. Thorough knowledge of the team processes. Generally has a minimum of 2 years experience as an individual contributor.
Field Service Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Field Service Supervisor to join our team.
- Addressing team member complaints and resolving issues;
- Carries out all other supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws;
- Delivery of quality service by meeting time, budget and customer expectations;
- Has the experience and expertise to train less experienced employees;
- Directly supervises 6-8 employees in a Service Department team;
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new Service Dept employees;
- Management of non-exempt personnel including performance management, coaching and development, training, budgets, and scheduling;
- Managing multiple sites, technicians, customers, and monthly customer site reports;
- Adherence to EH&S policies;
- Manages installations and startups of new systems;
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees as needed;
- Provides operational costs to sales group for other services jobs;
- Manage large teams of technicians;
- Responsible for timely customer deliverables including project reports and billing information;
- Planning, assigning, and directing work of Service Dept Team Members.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet goals and deadlines;
- Must be willing to obtain a company paid TWIC card, OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, and CPR training;
- Must be able to lift and maneuver at least 50 lbs;
- Ability to work independently while utilizing excellent judgement;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Must have intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to assist with complex mechanical and electrical problems;
- Familiar with the installation, configuration, wiring of all types of switchgear and equipment;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, DOT commercial licensing preferred;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills;
- Ability to supervise large scale projects;
- Knowledge of electrical apparatus testing with a strong theoretical understanding of electrical power systems;
- Doble DTAF and PowerDB knowledge preferred.