Member Services Representative addresses member inquiries, questions and concerns in all areas including enrollment, claims, benefit interpretation, and referrals/authorizations for medical care. Responsible for receiving, responding to, and directing member phone calls, or written questions. Being a Member Services Representative provides available information upon request and researches or escalates issues as appropriate. Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines. Additionally, Member Services Representative requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Member Services Representative gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Member Services Representative typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Member Service Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Member Service Representative to join our team.
- Update and Review Daily Club Reports and complete any corresponding Data Entry Documents;
- Giving tours of the club, providing membership information and signing new members up;
- Audit club inventory and communicate with GM, AM and Shift Lead on recommendations of inventory orders;
- Perform to your best abilities during your assigned work shift;
- Adhere to company’s policies and guidelines and address any minor infractions;
- Ensure that all proper training has been completed in order to operate safely and efficiently;
- Staying up to date on all required certifications and training courses;
- Communicating with, promoting, touring, and assisting prospects and potential members;
- Communicate with members and a create a high level of customer service;
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is presentable and holding up to Excel Standard;
- Stocking all retail and promotional items for following shift;
- Assist members with financial transactions;
- Providing excellent customer service and sales support while resolving all customer service issues;
- Provide exemplary member service that meet and exceed member expectations;
- Process member transactions without error.
- Upbeat and positive attitude;
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve;
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language;
- Must be reliable and punctual;
- A passion for fitness and health;
- Excellent verbal skills and professional demeanor with a good understanding of delivering excellent customer service;
- Relevant CSR experience preferably with a background in call center operations;
- Comfortable providing written communication;
- Familiar with basic computer operations;
- Familiar with Excel mission, values, vision, and culture, as well as the Planet Fitness brand and operational requirements;
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Experience working in customer accounts within financial institution software;
- HS diploma or equivalent required;
- Must be team oriented, motivated and well organized.