Bakers make bread, cakes and pastries using machines or by hand.
Baker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Baker to join our team.
- We love working with employees who have prior experience as baker, cook, line cook, restaurant crew member, team member, or kitchen crew – apply now;
- Takes proactive approach in ensuring that food handling/quality procedures are accurately and continuously followed;
- Maintain refrigeration logs;
- Ability to learn, understand, and to execute daily recipes and menus;
- Be extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all recipe items;
- Properly clean all dishes and pans throughout shift. (MINIMUM 30 PANS PER DAY);
- Complete all baking assignments in a timely manner;
- Roll, knead, cut, and operated a bagel rolling machine;
- Able to perform all essential functions of the position;
- Fry donuts;
- Roll, knead, cut, or shape dough to form beignets;
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures;
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift;
- Cook and prepare other food items including but not limited to chicken, pimento cheese, soups, paninis, and sandwiches;
- Mix and blend batters for cupcakes, cakes, pies, cookies, brownies, etc.
- Experience as a Baker a plus;
- Possess a strong sense of teamwork;
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Must have knowledge of company;
- Willingness to take initiative;
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions;
- Ability to follow directions from the Bakery Department Manager;
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment;
- Ability to pass drug test;
- Familiarity with bakery terms and processes;
- High school diploma or general education degree; or combination of relevant education and experience;
- Must work well with others and be able to take direction;
- Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited to: Lifting and carrying a maximum of 50 pound;
- Enthusiasm, energy and positive attitude with a desire to growth and develop;
- Experience as a Baker 1+ years, Culinary Degree Preferred.