The Electrical Controls Engineer may be responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software. Designs, develops, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Being an Electrical Controls Engineer is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. In addition, Electrical Controls Engineer relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Electrical Controls Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Controls Engineer to join our team.
- Resolves complex or unusual problems independently. Identifies additional internal resources as required;
- Focus on product quality, plant safety, and operational efficiency;
- Work with customers to validate the equipment;
- Create manufacturing documentation including electrical schematics;
- Design of schematic diagrams;
- Assist customers and service engineers;
- Use SAP to reference control components;
- Estimate the number of hours required to accomplish tasks;
- Participate in the design review process and provide technical input to peers;
- Execute factory acceptance testing with documented results;
- Work with integrators, contractors, and site personnel to bring new functionality online and to troubleshoot issues as they arise;
- Experience Level: 10-15 years;
- Participate in the installation/startup/testing of machinery at customer facilities;
- Maintain technical records, test results, and documentation in support of “design and/or performance history”;
- Maintain up to date as-built records and drawings for OT, IT, and security deployments.
- Experience in control system design;
- CAD experience;
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Controls Systems Engineering (Mechanical engineering degree considered with relevant experience);
- Experience of implementing commutations protocols in PLC systems (Modbus, Profinet);
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical prints;
- Must be able to work independently and experience should demonstrate achievements supporting a results oriented focus and use of leadership skills;
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage large-scale projects from conception to implementation;
- Understand industrial machinery specifications and standards;
- Product design and prototyping experience is highly desirable;
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry;
- Excellent communication and human relation skills. Also, well-developed interpersonal skills, verbal and written;
- Proficiency reading and understanding engineering drawings including electrical diagrams and P&IDs;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks / projects.