Welders join, cut and shape metal plate, pipework and composite materials in industries like aerospace, construction and civil engineering.
MIG Welder Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a MIG Welder to join our team.
- Moving work pieces, tools, and supplies, manually or by hand truck;
- Lifting, moving, and holding or clamping work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed manually or by using pry bar;
- Responsible for grinding own welds;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics;
- Preparing materials for production process;
- Operate other power tools;
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as assigned;
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance;
- Occasionally uses the D.A. or grinder when necessary;
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders;
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality;
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position;
- MIG Welding;
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Drug free at all times;
- Must have welding experience;
- 4 years of experience with Stick, Mig, Tig, Flux Core welding;
- Ability to do any given job at a reasonable pace;
- Safety glasses and ear protection;
- Reliable transportation;
- Physically demanding and is required to regularly lift up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to use different types of machinery and tools, including hand tools, on an everyday basis;
- 3 months or more of verifiable welding experience;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Have a minimum of 1 year of related experience;
- Demonstrable MIG welding skill and knowledge, including the different settings on the welder power pack and their functions;
- Have a strong work ethic with reliability and dependability.