Welders join, cut and shape metal plate, pipework and composite materials in industries like aerospace, construction and civil engineering.
Welder Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Welder to join our team.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws;
- Lifting, moving, and holding or clamping work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed manually or by using pry bar;
- Moving work pieces, tools, and supplies, manually or by hand truck;
- Drug free at all times;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism;
- Welding in 2g, 4g, and 6g conditions;
- Mix and apply protective or decorative coat on finished products;
- Operate manual and semi-automatic welding equipment in vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions;
- Set up components for welding according to specifications;
- Other duties as required;
- Setting & adjusting settings of weld equipment;
- Operate overhead devices to load and unload material;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Shall possess sufficient ability to be certified as a welder according to A.S.M.E. code within 90 working days of employment;
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification.
- Must be able to assist pipe fitters in pipe installation, preparation, and fabrication while not actively welding;
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.);
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Welder;
- Flexibility required to start training on the 1 st shift for the first 3-5 weeks prior to transitioning to 3 rd;
- Should have ability to operate a MIG (metal inert gas) Welding machine;
- Must practice good housekeeping habits;
- Perform welding, repair and fabrication;
- Setup welding machines to obtain proper welding penetration;
- Perform arc, mig & tig welding operations;
- Replace worn welding machine parts;
- Must have a high school diploma;
- Vocational training is desired;
- Health Care Reimbursement Account;
- Able to work in the shop area, which is noisy and not climate controlled.